Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

The title of this post says it all! It's hard to imagine that it's been 2 months since Lexie was born. I guess I'll start where I left off last time. When I got home from the hospital after having Lexie I was excited to have a different experience this time with her than I had with Lindy (due to my health problems). Boy was I in for a surprise when a week after Lexie's birth I was admitted to the hospital again for high blood pressure. Once again, as with my post-partum with Lindy, I was administered magnesium to bring it down. If you have never had magnesium I definitely wouldn't recommend trying it. lol It does a number on the body and it made me sick this time! Once again Dean was amazing! He took good care of Lindy and Lexie and made frequent visits to me. A big thanks to members of my ward who helped with Lindy and took good care of our family!

Since the hospitalization I have been getting better. I am still having high blood pressure but it is somewhat controlled with medication. The nice thing is that I remember having these same feelings (physically) from the high bp after I had Lindy so therefore I know it will go away with time.

Now an update on the girls. Lindy is really proving to be a wonderful big sister. I was not afraid that she wouldn't be, but I wasn't sure how things would go. She is so in love with her sister and is very protective. She is such a big helper, and has really grown up through it all. Lindy also turned 4 in November, our baby girl is growing up!

Our sweet Lexie is AMAZING! To say that she's a "good baby" is an understatement. She is an absolute joy! She is so content, and sweet....we are truly thankful that Heavenly Father blessed us with this precious baby girl! I have been loving every minute of her, something I was robbed of with Lindy because I was so sick after she was born. I am definitely cherishing these precious times while Lexie is so tiny and new.....enjoying every snuggle, smile and living in the moment! I am so grateful I have been able to be home for the last year+ to spend quality time with Lindy before Lexie arrived and to just enjoy being home and being a mommy!

As you'll see in the MANY pictures, we have had a lot of fun with Halloween, fun times and home, our O'Camb family Christmas party and Lexie's blessing. We are looking forward to Christmas and the memories to be made. Dean and I are so grateful to the angels in our life who have stepped in and helped our family in many ways....we truly believe they were inspired to do their kind deeds. I have begun the serious job hunt as we are desperately in need of the money. I am only looking for part-time and preferably something opposite Dean's schedule so we won't have to get much babysitting. Wish me luck!

I'll wrap this up by saying we love our families and friends with all our hearts. We count each day as a blessing and pray that you will all have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2011!


Sisters!


I'm getting so big!


The Coy grandkids on Halloween


Don't let the picture fool you....she HATES digging the gutts out of the pumpkin!


BFF's - Brooke and Lindy at their preschool Halloween party.


Lindy and her preschool class singing spooky songs for us.


Lindy the Candy Corn Witch


Lexie's first bath at home.


Our beautiful girls!


I loved this outfit! She's already grown out of it.


Happy 4th Birthday Lindy!


Lindy and Lexie on Lindy's birthday.


Having fun in the swing.


Lexie loves her bouncer.


Say cheese!


Santa's little elf!


Tubby Time!


Daddy's such a good sport! With two girls it won't be the last "hairdo" for dad!


Hmmmm.....I want a.....


Lexie's first time on Santa's lap....she was pooping as I took the pic! :)


YAY!!!! I finally caught her beautiful smile on camera!


My little cuties after church.


The O'Camb Grandkids at our Christmas Party. Love these kids!


Before the mayhem began at our Christmas party.


A rare photo....Mommy and Lexie!


Our little fam after Lexie's blessing.


Our parents with us after Lexie's blessing.


Dean's parents.


My parents.


The star on her special day.


A picture Lexie will cherish forever....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Very cute post!!! I am so glad that you are feeling a little better.

Finlinson's said...

Jen, I sure do wish you lived closer so I could snuggle on that little angel. She is so precious and I bet you are having the time of your life with them both. Merry Christmas to your cute little family :)

House said...

Jen!! I ran into your mom the other day, and stole your blog address from her! Your girls are just adorable!! I'm so happy for you! It makes me excited for our little one to get here!