Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Times and Nesting!


Happy 60th B-day Mom!


Mom with her b-day cake

Mom and her girls


Mom and her "surprise" guest Jan from California


Mom and Lindy (someone enjoyed the cake) :)


Cheryl and Me in Big Cottonwood Canyon


Lindy with her cousins; Garrett, Derek, Landon & Carson


Lindy and some friends from the ward camping at Bridger Lake


Me and the ladies camping at Bridger Lake


Carol, Joanna and Me at our Girls Weekend


Me showing my baby belly

Carol, Shelly, Joanna, Brandy, Taunie, Wendy, Lisa and Me at the Alpine Slide

Girls Weekend


Me at 34 Weeks Prego


Dean, Lindy and Addie camping Labor Day Weekend


Lindy going into her Preschool on the first day


Lindy's 1st day of Preschool

Wow, here we are over 2 months since my last post...Ugh! A lot has happened since my last post. We've enjoyed swimming, campouts, family and friend gatherings and getting ready to welcome our little princess into the world. So where to start...looking at my pictures I guess we'll start with my moms 60th birthday party that we hosted. We invited our immediate family and a few of her friends. One of her friends came from California to surprise her...and what a surprise it was! We had a great time, good food and lots of memories made.

The weekend after my moms birthday we enjoyed a campout with five other families in our ward/neighborhood to Bridger Lake in the Uinta's. We had a GREAT time!!! There were 12 adults and 21 kids, so lots of fun to go around. We are really fortunate to have some wonderful families that live around us and Lindy really has some great friends.

The weekend after Bridger Lake, I went to my annual girls weekend in Park City. Even though we are in our 30's (holy cow when did that happen??) we SO look forward to getting together with our girlfriends as much as possible, and unfortunately it only happens once a year. We laughed and caught up on each other's lives and just enjoyed some girl time. I'm very fortunate to have such a wonderful husband who lets me get together with the girls on occasion and takes good care of Lindy while I'm gone.

Our last big campout of the season was Labor Day weekend, bittersweet as we know the summer is winding down. However, it also brought excitement to me knowing that shortly we'd be welcoming our little princess. Lindy started preschool on September 7th and is TOTALLY loving it! Her best friend Brooke is in her class and me and Brooke's mom trade off days that we take the girls and keep them after school. It gives us each a day to have a break and eat bon-bons (haha). I have to admit, it did make me a bit teary eyed to see my baby girl start school. I know that in just a blink of an eye I will be at her high school graduation wondering where the time went.

That brings us up to the present. Things around our house have settled down a bit as we prepare for the birth of our baby. We moved Lindy to a new room and got her old room ready for the baby. We had carpets cleaned, washed baby clothes, and have picked up the necessary items we'll need for our new baby. As I write this I am nearly 38 weeks pregnant. This is new for me! With Lindy I had pre-eclamsia and was on bedrest and delivered her at 37 weeks. I look to this pregnancy as an accomplishment, lol. So far I have had no swelling or pre-e and have felt WONDERFUL! Sleep at night has become rather tricky since about 33 weeks, but I know this is only for a short time. Each doctor appointment my doctor tells me the baby is nice and comfy inside of me so I expect to go until 40 weeks. I am loving the kicks, hiccups, and BIG movements I feel each day and know that I am truly....truly blessed! I'm thinking that my next update will be after she is born. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers for a safe delivery with no complications!! Until next time! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute pictures!! I'm so glad you are feeling good and having no problems with this pregnancy! I will keep you in my prayers. =)

Fritzsche's said...

Jen I love checking your blog and seeing those familiar faces. Everyone looks so good and it looks like you ladies had a great time. There is nothing better than a girlfriends get-together. Good for you guys. And congrats! Hope all is well.