All in a days work!
Even though I'm working hard I can still smile!
Sweet! Food for my kitchen!
Surprise babe!
Oh...it's cooking!
Coy Grandkids!
Grandma and Grandpa Coy and their GK's
Nothing better than seein' a Mama and her baby girl!
The Coy Fam!
Mama Judy opening her Scrapbook that Karyn made her (from us all) of the family cruise to Alaska! She was in heaven!!! Nice work Karyn - it's beautiful!
Lindy on the last day of being downright sick!
Something you don't see often, the Coy kids doing dishes.
Karyn wanted to give the "sit and spin" a try - sad thing is her little double zero butt fit right on there! (Love ya Karyn)
Lindy has a new best friend...too bad she lives so far away!
On my last post I left off with our Christmas party on my side of the family - well that was the official "kick-off" of the holidays for our family! On Christmas Eve we made our annual rounds to visit the parents (minus my dad as he was in Fillmore). We talked my mom into spending the night with us so that she would have a family to wake up with. Me being my sneaky self snuck a 32" Sony LCD TV into the house right before Dean and I went to bed that night - I was dead set on the fact that if he saw the box he would know just what it was. Come to find out (once he opened it the next morning) he was totally shocked and thought that maybe it was a toolbox in the box instead. Woo hooo..score one for me! :)
Santa was very good to our little angel, she got a kitchen! She was SO excited to see it as she came down the stairs Christmas morning. Dean and I were both thinking that finally Christmas is going to start getting a lot funner with Lindy understanding more and getting excited. We all enjoyed opening presents and we were so glad to have my mom with us.
Next it was off to Dean's parents house for lunch and more presents. Judy and Karyn prepared a delicious ham and the rest of us brought side dishes. It's always fun at Christmas since it's the only time we see or talk to Dean's brother Glen - he makes his cameo appearance. We enjoyed watching the kids play, munching and visiting. Judy was in heaven! That night we had a pretty big snowstorm but it didn't stop me, Karyn and Judy - we were out the next day scoping out the after Christmas sales!
Two days after Christmas we had our Christmas party with Dean's extended family (Judy's sister and her families). We had LOTS of munchies and pizza and once again opened more presents. The kids had a lot of fun and we enjoyed each others company.
New Year's Eve we were actually invited to a party this year (one that didn't involve family members) by our neighbors. There were three couples and our kids. We had dinner, played Pictionary and visited - it was a lot of fun! Dean had to go to work that night and left at about 11:30. I put Lindy to bed and I got into bed and watched the ball drop. A new year.
2009
Since Dean had to work the whole weekend of New Year's and I had it off, I decided that Lindy and I would venture to my sisters in Fillmore and stay a few nights. So we headed down on January 1st and had a good night and woke up on January 2nd (expecting another fun day) and Lindy started puking. Oh my....she had never had the stomach flu before but I knew there had to be a first time for everything. So she puked off and on throughout the day and into the night and into the next night and the next night and the next night - yes...she had this darn flu bug for 6 days!!! Luckily for us (and her of course) she didn't throw up much during the day but as soon as we'd put her to bed she'd fall asleep and start coughing and throw up. One of the joys in parents lives....cleaning up puke from a crib....floor....kid! :) BUT....I am happy to report that she slept all night last night and DID NOT puke. The Lord answers prayers! :) (Apologies to Cheryl for Lindy getting Derek and Carson sick too)
So we welcome in the new year and all the excitement, challenges, and whatever else life has to bring. We have hopes for our little family to add a sibling for Lindy but we know that sometimes we are not blessed when WE want it - but when the Lord grants us the blessing. We are so thankful for all that we have; good health, a loving family, good jobs, shelter and food - for we know there are so many who don't! We count each of you as some of our most cherished blessings and give thanks to the Lord for each day that he grants us and our loved ones.
May 2009 bring you joy, happiness, and strength in your hardships....and new beginnings for you as well.
1 comment:
I was just about to cuss you out for not letting me know you were in town, but now I am going to thank you for not visiting and getting us sick :) There is nothing worse than a sick kid. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Can't wait for March!!!
Post a Comment