Thursday, March 6, 2008

Melting Snow...it's already March?

Hey Everyone! It's been less than a month since my last post, I'm getting better! :) Well Dean had his weekend in St. George for work, it was a success as he put some more drunks in the clink. I had my week training in Quantico, VA Feb 25-29. I flew into Washington, D.C. and was able to see the Washington Memorial and the Capitol from the airport. As we took the shuttle bus to VA we were practically in the parking lot of the Pentagon as we got on the freeway. What a trip, we could actually see where the plane had gone into the building as the paint was a little lighter on that side than the rest of the building. The training was good, met some great people - but as always I missed Dean and Lindy. I didn't get to do any sightseeing as Quantico is about an hours drive away from D.C. (on a good day) and it was too later after class. I'm hoping I can score some more training back there someday and then Dean can come with me for a few days and we can see the sights.

Now that the snow is finally melting a bit we're starting to get spring fever. Lindy loves to be outside already and I can just imagine the dirty bath water once camping trips roll around. Dean and I are also really looking forward to the Coy family cruise in May, it can't get here sooner! Our little monkey is 16 months old now and she is just getting funnier each day. She tries to say words that we tell her to and it's SO cute! Of course she's into so much mischief and keeps her daddy on his toes during the day. I'm reminded daily what a blessing she is to us and how the Lord brought her into our lives at the perfect time! Lindy loves her time with Grandma Judy and together they are creating memories for a lifetime.

We are healthy and happy and thankful for each new day. We hope the beautiful spring flowers and fresh air welcome you all in the coming months! :)

No comments: